The Fairy Queen train firstly started its journey in the East Indian Railway in the year 1855. Due to some reasons, the train stop from running in the year 1908, but in the year 1997, it was again starts with the cooperation of Indian Railways. In the period from 1908 to 1997, it was kept in the National Rail Museum. Nowadays, the Fairy Queen is the oldest steam running locomotive in the world and the name of fairy Queen train is recorded in the prestigious Guinness Book of World Records. This train is also awarded by the National Tourism Award.
This train is run as a luxury tourist train, the Fairy Queen train is running between Delhi and Alwar. Fairy Queen train is running majestically the oldest steam engine.
In this train, there are only two royal coaches with all modern facilities. The First coach of train contains fifty seats and the second coach of the train is using as a pantry car. There is an extra area of the lounge in front of carriage provides a better view of the old engine. Fairy Queen train is fully AC with all the basic facilities. There is one of the basic reason for this train popularity is its Locomotive Engine, the engine of this train is one of the oldest steam engines in the whole world.
Suggested Read:- Deccan Odyssey-A Luxurious Train Journey In India
Some Basic information of Fairy Queen Engine
|Steam Locomotive Engine of Fairy Queen|
|Cylinders (Dia X Stroke) in inches||Outside 201/4 * 28|
|Boiler Barrel (Length between tube plates) * Dia||15’10 5/8 * 6’3 3/8|
|Total Heating Surface (Tubes+Fire box)||2901 sqft|
|Boiler Pressure||210 lb/sq.In.|
|Tractive Effort at 75% of boiler pressure||30600 lbs|
|Grate area||46 sq.ft|
|Makers||Canadian Locomotive Co., Baldwin Loco. Works, Wiener Locomotivfabrik, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works|
|Year of Manufacture||1946-1947|
Route of Fairy Queen
Fairy Queen Journey (2 Day and 1 Night)
Some information about the route of Journey
Alwar is a city or town in the state of Rajasthan, in India. The distance of the city is approx 160 km from Delhi and around 150 km from Jaipur (Capital of Rajasthan). This city holds many interesting and Historical Monuments. Alwar city is world famous for the tourist destination.
Major Tourist Attraction Point in Alwar
1. The famous Tiger Reserve of India, Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary
2. The Bala Quila, a massive ancient fort situated on a hill
3. The Vinay Vilas Mahal
4. The city palace complex Other than historical monuments
5. The city has a rich natural heritage with some beautiful lakes and picturesque valley thickly wooded in parts
6. The tomb of Tarang Sultan
That Tiger Reserve is most popular for its magnificent tigers, leopards, Wild Dog, Jungle Cat, Hyena, Jackal, Sambar, Chital, Nilgai, Chausingha, various species of birds including Bush Quails, Sand Grouses, Tree Pies, Golden-backed Woodpeckers, Crested Serpent Eagles, and Great Indian Horned Owls.
That place is an ideal leisure spot for those people who interested in wildlife and ancient architecture. The town has the ruins of 9th and 10th-century temples. In this wildlife sanctuary, there is a Siliserh Lake, that is another tourist attraction place, which is inhabited by crocodiles.
Some special arrangements for Passengers
1. Cultural Program and theme dinner
2. One night stay at Hotel Tiger Den
3. Jeep Safari for the Sariska National Park
Months of operation- January to April
|January||13th and 27th|
|February||10th and 24th|
|March||10th and 24th|
|April||14th and 28th|
2 days Journey Details
|1st Day on Fairy Queen Train|
|8:30 am||Report at Delhi Cantt. Railway Station|
|9:00 am||Train Departs (Journey Begins)|
|1:00 pm||Lunch on Train|
|3:00 pm||Reach Alwar Railway Station|
|3:20 pm||Arrive Sariska|
|4:30 pm||Arrive at Hotel|
|7:30 pm||Dinner/ Night stay at Hotel|
|2nd Day On Fairy Queen Train|
|6:30 am (Morning)||Jeep safari for Sariska National Park|
|9:30 am||After returning from, breakfast at Hotel|
|12:00 pm||Departure Sariska to Alwar Railway Station|
|12:45 pm||Arrive at Alwar Railway Station|
|1:00 pm||Train Departs to Delhi Cantt. Railway Station|
Fare of the train
|Packages of Fairy Queen Train|
|Packages||Child (5 to 12 Years)||Adult|
|Full Package||5200 Rs||10,500 Rs|
|One way journey from Delhi to Alwar + sightseeing/stay at Sariska||3950 Rs||7900 Rs|
|One way journey from Delhi to Alwar only||1700 Rs||3500 Rs|
|One way journey from Delhi to Rewari||950 Rs||1900 Rs|
|One way journey from Rewari to Alwar||900 Rs||1700 Rs|
1. In case some technical issue with Steam Engine, the Fairy Queen train is run by Diesel/Electric Engine.
2. The tour of Fairy Queen Train will operate subject to the minimum of 10 passengers.
3. The responsibility of Lawrence Travels & Tours Pvt Ltd, New Delhi is restricted to that of Booking Agent Only.
4. All the information are display on the website is provided by the Indian Railways/IRCTC.
Ticket of Fairy Queen Train includes some basic things like
1. In the train, all meals like- Breakfast, \lunch, and dinner with tea/coffee provided on board or in hotels.
2. All meals in the hotel are on buffet arrangement.
3. Breakfast will be provided to the travelers after return from jungle safari at hotel Tiger Den.
4. All guests are requested to adhere to the specified timings to preventing inconvenience to other group members
There is a word, Old is Gold and that word is best suits for Fairy Queen Train. Because of its Steam Locomotive Engine that is most popular among travelers. This train best for those who want to see the places by under its luxury and comforts. Above the information is given to guide or helping in your trip while you plan to travel in this India’s best Luxury train Journey.
Further Read:- The Blue Train, Pride Of Africa