Switzerland is a most popular country for those people who plan multiple-stop tours all over Europe. This country is not so big and sits smack dab in the middle of the Alps, that makes 360-degree scenery wherever the persons find itself. In this country there is a lot of lakes that add to a picture postcard on this, the most famous citizen has fictional Heidi. Switzerland population has not so much approx about 83.7 lakh (2016). The places to see in Switzerland is not so obvious until you have been there yourself. Here are some list of places are mention that somehow will help to when you go to Switzerland.
Interlaken is one of the most popular holiday resorts in Switzerland. It is situated in the between of Lake Thun in the west and Lake Brienz to the east. It is also the central town of small Agglomeration with the name of inhabitants approx than 23,300. The official language of the city is Swiss, but the spoken language or local language is the Alemannic swiss german.
Some facts of Interlaken
1. More than 45 mountain railways, cable cars, chairlifts, and ski lifts.
2. Surrounded by three mountains the Eiger, the Jungfrau, and the month
3. There is a base camp for outdoor activities in the surrounding Bernese Oberland Alps.
4. The city is most popular is a classic dish of the city, Raclette made from cheese.
5. The city is looking more beautiful in summer season rather than the winter season.
Geneva is also known as the “Capital of peace”, and it is also a city where international influences reign supreme. The city is the home of International Red Cross Committee and it is also European headquarters of the united nations, and 20 others international organizations.
The city sits between pretty snow-capped peaks at the point where the rhone spills into Lake Geneva.
Some facts of Geneva
1. Geneva is a “Green city” with 20% of its land devoted to parks and it is also known as “city of parks”.
2. Jet d’Eau, a fountain in lake Geneva shooting water 150 meters into the air.
3. Opera House and Grand theatre is a cultural place which attracts people.
4. On the foot of the Alps, the Lake Geneva, Montreux hosts the world most popular Montreux jazz festival in the month of June and July.
The city is a picturesque medieval that holds the history which dates back to the 12 century. And there is also a history behind that it does not a part of the Swiss territory until the 16th century. Sometimes the city is overlooked for flashier swiss cities like Zurich and also the Geneva.
The city is also recognized as the UNESCO by the old town.
Some Facts Of Bern
1. In the old town center, Rose Garden offers the beautiful views.
2. The city has many museums and art-lovers who appreciate the impressive galleries.
3. On the Bundesplatz parliament square with views of the elegant Renaissance-style of parliament that is Bundeshaus.
4. Some more historical sites in Bern are Munster and Gothic cathedral that comes from the old town and also its town hall.
The city is situated in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, City has all of itself. Lucerne city is the most popular spot for tourist attraction. It is famous for its music concerts, this quintessential swiss city lure is renowned by soloists, conductors, and orchestras in his annual international music festival.
Some facts of Lucerne
1. City most popular area is the Chapel Bridge, it was built in the 14th century.
2. The city has a small park that lies in the popular Lion Monument it is a poignant sculpture of a dying lion.
3. There is a Swiss transport museum that holds all the history buffs.
4. There is a local specialty that is puff pastry, veal, and mushrooms doused in a cream sauce.
The city is the largest town in Switzerland, and it is also a major transportation hub. The city is the most popular attraction point of the travelers. Zurich is situated at the northwestern end of the lake that is Zurich astride the river Limmat.
The city is known as a financial center of Switzerland, and foodie haven and also a romantic city that attracts the tourists.
Some facts of Zurich city
1. The city has 50 museums and 100 art galleries.
2. The gothic chateau that shows the culture of Switzerland.
3. There have multiple numbers of nightclubs that travelers who enjoying out at night.
4. Swiss National museum that holds all history and culture of Switzerland is a most popular tourist attraction point.
Switzerland is a most popular place of romance and adventures spot. There are some places are listed above that may help to sort out your plan and make your journey/trip hilarious. In my point of view, Switzerland is the best destination for your holiday and you also enjoy your holiday with family. So don’t waste your time pack your bags and take a weekend break from this crowded life.